Thursday, September 4, 2008

Mini break in Jersey

Hello,

Chris and I just got back from a short holiday (yes I said holiday look how British I am!) from the channel island of Jersey. It was a very cute little island and an interesting trip. On the con side, our hotel was not as glamorous as I had hoped -I heard my room neighbor poop through the thin wall- the restaurant dinner menu never changed- and I nearly lit my hair on fire. On the plus side our hotel was in a good location- we actually had more sunshine than we had hoped!- I learned things- and it was relaxing.

Our first day there we went to the beach- I thought the beach was absolutely huge, then I quickly discovered something called changing tides. Living at the beach I know what tides are however I watched this beach go from the length of a football field to slowly disappearing. It was pretty nifty. I also got bitten by an evil sand bug but I was able to survive. The second day it was rainy so we went to the zoo (which was full of endangered animals) and then I forced Chris to go to a manor house with pretty gardens. The next day we were surprised with sun (and promptly got burned) We had lunch in a really cute little town by the sea where all the boats were floating on mud (low tide). We then walked to a castle out in the middle of the water (low tide again). It was all pretty cool. The next day it poured all morning so I was a good sport and went to the Jersey War tunnel with Chris. 0:) We took it easy the rest of the day. All and all it was an interesting trip!

x
me

No comments: