Hello,
So I realize I have not updated in a while but that is mostly because I went back to the states for some warm weather!
To begin with I am in a new flat (will post a picture eventually). No one really moved in the first week so it was tres dull. Actually everyone should be proud of how much I left my comfort zone, I went to all the dorm mixers (even though I had no flatmates to go with) and went up and chatted with the various people. For the first week I did not meet anyone that I clicked with 100% although one guy is kind of growing on me- seems very friendly and genuine. There are a lot of undergrads (or just people who act like them) in this dorm as well as many many americans (boo- I moved from that country for a reason). The first social night out was a bit tragic--> we headed to this place in elephant and castle yet it was shut, somehow I then was on a bus with thirty-ish very drunk people who had no idea where in the world we were and it was my job to get them to point B (the "group leader" had to wait for others). Getting to point B was a HUGE letdown as it was the same bar my friend and I stumbled upon as under-21s abroad ( you know the kind you think it is cool until you realize it is not, not to mention tons of old men). Anyway I managed to also shepherd everyone home and the whole night made me sick (like cough sick not disgusted) so I have not been out since then (well minus for my bday).
Around the weekend I finally began meeting flat mates (hurray!). In my flat we have Mao from China (tends to hide a lot), Ken from Vientnam, Heloise and Annie from France, and then Chris from the good old US of A. I actually like Chris and his gf a lot (too bad she goes to Oxford!) I am slowly getting everything together, going to meetings, buying supplies, registering for a doctor (oo side story there). Next week classes start so I am sure I will have more to share then. Until then I just hope I stop coughing and get my voice back!
x
me
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment