Thursday, October 2, 2008

You want me to do what?

Ok side story-

In the UK everyone has health insurance (hurray) but you dont go to any doctor you want- you register with your local. So me being productive (and knowing I would get sick) I went to register. So I walked over to get the forms and set up my appointment (they log all your medical information etc). With the forms the woman hands me a test tube type vile. She then explains that I will need to pee in it. I am very confused because my appointment is not for a few days so why is she giving it to me now? Yes yes your wildest horror of a guess is right. I had to pee at home and bring it with me on the day. So the perhaps weirdest experience of my life was peeing into my cup at home and then carrying it several blocks in public (dont worry but it in a grocery bag not in my purse or bare hand). Anyway it might be the strangest thing the doctor has ever asked me to do!

No comments: