I remembered the first time I realized Europe was WAY more open then America. A friend brought be back a spanish version of vogue from her trip abroad and in the back of the bus I realized to my horror that they had naked women in the adverts. Just going into a Victoria Secret store was scandalous for me at this point.
I would like to preface this entry by saying that I am aware we have all encountered a naked lady in the locker room- she is normally old and saggy and the only naked one in there. America is well equipped so you dont actually have to be naked in the locker room. There are towel hangers right outside the showers and in most cases a changing space attached to the shower or additional changing dividers. This is not the case in my gym locker room. Just to get your towel after getting out of the shower you must reach across the walkway to the opposite wall... no hangers near the shower door for you! More importantly people in Europe are just more ok with being naked in front of others. The naked people in the locker room are not just the crazy old ladies who don't give a hoot anymore it is everyone. In fact I am pretty sure you call more attention to yourself by trying to be modest. So I must somehow learn to ignore my prudish American sentiements and get naked in the locker room..... This should be interesting!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
hahahaha oh dear if you can do that i give you mucho credit
ha! i remember that spanish vogue. we were very freaked out
What's this about you being on MTV Miss Popular?
Post a Comment