Wednesday was not a kind day to me.
I got on the bus like ya do and began reading my anti-cooperation book because I am a tree hugging hippie. At one stop four guys got on with a toilet (yes a real live toilet) I did not think much of it because well this is public transport in London. The toilet had a picture of Gordon Brown on it (PM of England) and they were trying to sell it to the guys in front of me saying it had just been shown at the Tate etc. They also were obnoxiously taking camera phone pictures of them. So after they failed to sell it to them they moved onto me. I politely said no and attempted to continue to read. Of course they would not be stopped that easily...they began to ask me what type of art l liked "abstract" ...'no", "modern"...."no", "do you like urban"..."no" Which prompted the response "oooo you don't like urban people so are you like racists" At this point I am like o crap I am going to get a beat down..so I attempted to explain that I wasn't actually paying attention, just saying no so they would move on, and that I did not know what the term actually meant. They then proceeded to ask me if I voted for Barack Ossama, I told them it was Obama which prompted another racist accusation (this time that I don't like muslims). They bothered a few other people on the bus and then got off, but first urged us to buy their cd. Once they got off two airhead girls proudly announced they were with MTV who was filming a new reality show that we had all just been filmed on (o dear). They explained it was a show tracking these "rappers" rise to stardom (they are a made up group) and that the whole thing was shot via camera phones. They encouraged all of to sign the paper so that they could use the footage....not a single person on the bus signed. Thankfully I don't like MTV that much to be allowed to be painted as racist on their new reality show (which being shot with camera phones will probably just make people feel ill watching).
Anyway that was my encounter with stardom this week....guess I just don't want my 5 minutes of fame.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment