Friday, May 1, 2009

pirate correction

So aside from the fact that my decision on how to handle pirates was against my humanitarian nature I have learned some interesting things I did not know before. One silly I know and I bet everyone else knows this but they are only pirates once out of Somali waters- so some closer to shore operations actually dont count. Two a certain ICJ justice put it very clear to us- basically these pirates steal to get the hell out of Somalia. And what does that have to do with things you ask? Well say we capture the pirates -this means a country has to try them (no one seems to be jumping at the chance minus kenya) and say the US does try a pirate- do we then send them to jail in Somalia (clearly no) - so all this capturing them and trying them means is they get their plane ticket to a better country paid for!

So new plan- find a magic way to bring peace and stability to Somalia so people dont have to be pirates!

No comments: