Wednesday, August 6, 2008

My new job


Hello,

For those of you keeping track I ended by job with the law firm on Friday (was only a two week to do) And started Monday with RK Harrison. It is an insurance brokerage ie. people come wanting to get certain policies and they dive out into the insurance world and find companies to cover their client. It is pretty interesting when they have work for me (August is a slow month). I have actually worked on the presentation for one of the submissions almost all on my own (pretty exciting). My team is all guys so I have advised on things such as: what to do for a one year wedding anniversary, what is a good chick flick, and pick up lines. (They are a pretty interesting bunch). While there is the occasional binding task for me, they do try hard to get me to learn a thing or two. Today I actually got to take a tour of the Lloyd building (above). Basically its where oodles of syndicates (the people who provide the insurance) work. Most of the brokers go over at least once a day and throughout my time with them, they will occasionally take me with them (like today). What is even cooler is that some days I will get to sit in a box with an underwriter and watch for a few hours. (Clearly I am just trying to find jobs that get me into cool buildings in London).

Not much else to report at the moment.

Ps to explain the building...property at Lloyds is $$$$ so they wanted to fit as many syndicates in as possible (get more $$$). So everything else is on the outside; stairs, elevators, air shafts. Needless to say not very pretty (but pretty sweet on the inside, especially since the escalators are clear!)

x
me

No comments: